Littleton and Badsey Growers

Littleton and Badsey Growers (more commonly known as LBG) was formed on 14th December 1908 as a co-operative company for market gardeners’ produce. It also supplied members with manures, seeds, tools, packing materials, etc. It existed until 2001 when it finally ceased trading, a few years after its produce sales department closed. LBG continues today as a non-trading parent company of BHGS Limited, a wholesaler and retailer of horticultural supplies.

The main archive of material relating to LBG is held at the Museum of Rural Life, Reading, but The Badsey Society has a few items relating to the Company.